Sunday, September 20, 2015

My Body

Guys, I figured out my favorite gift.  It was the gift of a body.  My body.  Now, before you think I'm conceited and love my body or something like that (cause I've got plenty of problems with it, I promise!), let me explain to you a little about why I'm so happy with this gift.  

First of all, my body houses my spirit.  My personality, my ideas, everything I think about gets to happen because I have a body.  I get to feel.  I get to love.  I get to hurt.  If I didn't have a body I wouldn't be me (obviously...).

Second, my body works perfectly!  I get to hike, ride my bike, run, jump, play sports, walk, cook food, and the list could go on and on!  Would I love to be more athletic?  Certainly.  Am I grateful for what I have?  Definitely.  It just blows my mind how I can just work my body to the point of complete exhaustion, get a little rest, and go right back at it.  I'm so blessed!  

Finally, by having a body it means I chose Heavenly Father's plan during the war in heaven.  To me, that is the most significant part of having a body.  All of you reading this chose to come to earth and have a body!  You made the first biggest decision correctly!  I'm thankful everyday that I made that choice.  

Sometimes I focus on the negative parts of my body.  Most of the time I wish I was skinnier, or my muscles were more toned, or I had better skin, but when I'm thinking negatively, all I have to do is remember all of the amazing things my body can do!  How did I get so lucky to be given a body that functions properly and allows me to do so many things?! I mean, I can do this everyday:


I was gifted with this body, and I'm going to try to use it the best I can.  I'm going to take care of it.  I'm going to be grateful for it, and try to make my Heavenly Father proud by using it for what He would have me do.  Next time you're feeling down about your body, just think about all of the great and amazing things YOUR body can do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment