Sunday, October 11, 2015

Homecoming at BYU

This week was Homecoming at BYU.  So much fun!  There's a lot of fun stuff going on all week, and everyone just seems a little more excited about life.  The fun started on Tuesday when instead of devotional we had a Homecoming assembly.  It was really fun and exciting with a performance by Vocal Point (the acapella group here at BYU), and then David Archuleta.  So much talent!


Friday my parents came down and we went to the BYU Spectacular.  Here I was able to see some more amazing performances including some dance companies, choirs, the orchestra, and once again, David Archuleta.  My parents and I went together, and we were so impressed by all of the talented individuals and groups that performed.  Afterwards we went and got some blizzard's at the DQ :)

Saturday was so great!  Having my parents in town is always fun!  We started out the day with a fun bike ride on the Provo River Trail out to Utah Lake.  


The Y, the Temple, and three of my favorite people.  What a view!

After the bike ride Tess and I had our Saturday session of Stake Conference and then a kickball game.  My parents met back up with us at the kickball game (which we won!) and then we went and caught the end of the Homecoming parade.  That was fun!  Afterwards Mom, Tess, and I went to go and hit up my favorite antique store, Block 100.  It's the best you guys.  I'm pretty obsessed with almost all of the stuff in there.  We got some fun purchases, and then met my dad for lunch (he opted to go up to campus and watch some football games instead of come with us.  After lunch we headed to the Bean Museum and the Museum of Art.  Both have some pretty great exhibits up right now.  They're both free ALL year round, and if you're ever in Provo, you should go and visit one or the other.  If you have kids, definitely go to the Bean Museum.  It's full of taxidermified (is that even a word?!) animals from all over the world and is so cool!!! Finally, Tessa, Dad, and I headed to the football game.  The Cougs won, so that was good!  And the sunset was beautiful!  


This weekend I decided that I think Homecoming week would be a good time to try and come and visit my Provo.  Although I know that I don't want to live my whole life down here, this place definitely has a piece of my heart.  When I leave here, I definitely don't want to leave here for good.  I want to be able to share some of the magic of BYU and Provo with my future family.  

1 comment:

  1. so FUN!! I'm glad that in your crazy busy school life you still find time to blog about your life sometimes ;) totes jealous you saw vocal point && david archuletta! also, sweet pic of the football stadium/sunset! aaannnnd, taxidermified might just be my new favorite word :) LOVE ya Liv!!

    ReplyDelete