Sunday, March 13, 2016

Our Neighborhood

Over the past 2 months of living here, I've acquired quite a few pictures of the neighborhood and I thought I'd share :)

I've found it very interesting the variety of homes that people live in here.  In our little neighborhood (I literally live less than a 3 minute walk from all of these homes) we have board houses, cement houses, and everything in between.  Here's a look:











 This is just one of the rooster lots that we have near 


Here's the main street in the neighborhood.  Two tricycles can squeeze by each other, but it's a pretty tight fit!  


There are these little streets/alley ways that jut off everywhere, and they're actually dead-ends, so I never really walk down them.  


And here's the crazy american girl who walks around these streets.  People are constantly stopping me and asking me what I'm doing cause they see me around so much?!  Haha.  I've become friends with quite a few of them :)


Here's the street we live on.  I kind of love that it's dirt.  


And here's the house I live in.  It doesn't feel as big as it looks with 8 of us living inside and 4 extra men coming to work here everyday, but I feel pretty darn blessed nonetheless! 


Even though we don't have much of a yard, I love all of the plants that are around.  


And our front door, accessorized by the motorcycles.


If any of my pictures and experiences have made you decide you want to move to the Philippines, you're in luck!  There's a house for sale just down the road :)  


I sure have grown to love this neighborhood.  The warm smiles, the friendly waves, the kids running around, the roosters' crowing, and our home here on LaSola Drive.  

1 comment: