Saturday, November 5, 2016

Student Teaching

Student teaching is well under way and I honestly just had to look at a calendar to tell you that there's only five weeks left.  It's going great! Since my last blog I've switched schools AND grades.  Now I'm at Art City Elementary School in Springville and I'm in 6th grade.  I love 6th graders!  I'm just having so much fun with them!  And what makes it even better is that I totally didn't expect it?!  My mentor teacher, Mrs. Bird, is amazing and we get along so well!  We're all just hitting it off so well!  I'm loving teaching and that's a good thing, cause at this time last year I was thinking the exact opposite!  I definitely needed this teaching experience.  

Along with student teaching comes this monster project that BYU requires you to do.  It's called your Teacher Work Sample.  I won't bore you with the details, but here's the project in all it's glory:


65 pages people.  I hope and pray to never have to do another assignment as long as this one.  Thursday night I finished it up, printed it off, and bought the folder.  Friday morning I turned it in.  Nothing like waiting til the last minute :)  True Livi fashion.  

Life continues to be charmed with multiple trips home, fun nights with friends, lots of time with family, good workouts, great students, fabulous mentors, and decent amounts of sleep.  

p.s.  I've always wondered how parents kept track of their babies exact ages until recently I realized that every time someone asks me how long Tessa's been gone I know the answer right down to the day.  I save myself the embarrassment and tell them the most accurate month count.  I think I need an intervention... 

No comments:

Post a Comment