Saturday, October 26, 2013

Half-way

Last night I was discussing with my roommates how strange it is that we PAY money to put ourselves through the things that come with being enrolled as a full time college student: 

-stress
-sleep deprivation
-homework
-deadlines
-the list could go on, but I have more homework to do :) 

  Everyone always says that college is SO fun.  Tell me one fun thing about that list above. 
I have come to realize--THANKFULLY-- that the fun part of college isn't necessarily school (although I really do love my classes).  The fun partS are:

-living with friends
-fun late nights
-finding food
-becoming your own person
-learning new things
-meeting people
-becoming self-reliant
-intramurals
-visitors
-and this list could go on and on as well :)

So, really, college isn't that bad!  A wise brother once told me, "Don't let school get in your way of your education."  I believe it!  I'm learning a heck of a lot more down here than what they're teaching me in the classroom.  

People, don't give up!  All you BYU kids, we're officially half-way!  Keep it up!  All you other kids, you're farther than half-way, so you really better not give up!  Happy college days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment