Monday, January 27, 2014

21!!!

It was my birthday yesterday, and it was the best birthday of my life!  The whole weekend was so great!  Definitely better than I could have asked for.  

I'll just start with Saturday, the day leading up to my birthday.  I had Insanity and work nice and early, but I got to go and work on some of my personal skiing before the lift was open (another nice perk of being an instructor--instructor clinics). Then I had a fun lesson in the morning with two cute little 4-year olds who had never skied before.  They did great!  Then after I signed them out to their parents I turned around and my parents were there!  I was expecting them, but I was still so surprised to see them!  We visited outside in the warm sun while I ate my lunch.  They were able to meet some of my co-workers and bosses and it was just so fun to have them there and have them meet some of the people who are having such a huge impact for good on me.  Then my lovely boss let me off early to go with Mom and Dad.  So, we came back and went to the BYU Women's basketball game and then out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse!  It was my first time ever, and of course I got the ribs :)  Ribs are one of my favorite things, and these ones were especially delicious!  Then we went to Target where Mom and Dad "gave me" two super cute sweaters for my birthday.  Then we went to the Creamery and got some good ol' ice cream :)  I'm so blessed to have such a great family.  I love them so much and I'm so glad they chose to spend their day off down here with Tessa and I.  Thanks again Mom and Dad!  I love you guys!


My real birthday was Sunday, and boy was I spoiled!  I woke up to texts full of birthday wishes and they kept coming all day long!  My roommates cooked me breakfast.  French Toast even!  My favorite!  I seriously live with the best girls!  


Then church was great, and after two guy friends from my ward came over and sang 3 different renditions of Happy Birthday accompanied by an accordion.  It was so fun!  

Celinda and Jesse had Mary, Tess, and I over for birthday dinner, lasagna!  Once again, one of my favorite things! Then when we came back to the house the side door was locked!  I was trying to get in with my key, I pounded on the door, I even cussed a little (I think I said stupid…) and then Mary convinced me to just go through the front door.  When I went through the door the living room was FULL of my friends and they all yelled, Surprise!  I really was so surprised!  I had no idea that they had been planning this?!  I still don't know how they kept it so hush-hush… Then we had cake and candles, and played a game and it was so great!  Mary even made a chocolate roll?!  When we sat down to play the game I looked around and said, "Wow, I'm so lucky to have such awesome friends."  But really you guys, there were so many good people in one room, and I considered ALL of them my friends.  I love every one of them.  One of my friends took video of blowing the candles out.  I can't figure out how to upload it, but it was good!  

I don't know if awesome birthdays are precursors for an awesome year, but I think we're off to a pretty great start :)  I can't wait to see what the next 364 days have in store for me :)  Thanks everyone for making my day so great!  Thanks for all the phone calls, texts, voicemails, Facebook posts, and wishes in person.  You guys are great!  

1 comment:

  1. I failed to wish you Happy Birthday on facebok, so Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful 21st birthday. Hopefully the rest of the year is just as great. You're such a beautiful girl, and I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete