Sunday, August 24, 2014

So, I have this best friend...

Her name's Sierra Lyn Pope.  She has been an answer to my prayers this summer.  Remember my post about endings?  And how this summer was going to be super hard?  Well, the Lord was looking out for me, and sent Sierra.  We've been working at the cemetery together all summer long.  You may have heard of us as the #graveyardgirls.  Every day we worked together, and since that wasn't enough time side by side, we played together.  Our summer was full of fun!  

We went fishing, we went camping.  
Fires and s'mores with the boys.  
The road trip was worth it--the Daddy of 'em All did not disappoint. 
Lady Antebellum and Tim McGraw.  
Raspberry Days and that Famous Preston Night Rodeo.       
The rope swing at Kelly's pond.
Sleeping on the pro-pit.
Meals at your house, snacks at mine :)
Pizza and movie night.
Cookies, cookies, cookies.
Your zip line.
Rafting the Snake and boating at Bear Lake.  

This list doesn't include work where we spent hours mowing, trimming, weed whacking, raking, moving pipe, painting, hauling dirt, and other random outdoor work.  No matter the job, no matter the weather, we were talking and laughing the whole time!  It always amazed us how we never ran out of things to talk about.  

I was so lucky to work with Sierra this summer.  Just about everyday a topic of the gospel was brought up.  She always had the best insights.  She was never afraid to share what she believed with me and I loved hearing about all of the things she was thinking about as we were trying to figure out how to live this life the best we can and become the best we can.  My testimony was strengthened everyday because of this girl.  


If a summer never beats this one, I won't be surprised.  I won't be bummed either because this one is one for the books!  Thanks for all the good times girly!  See ya soon :)



No comments:

Post a Comment