Monday, September 1, 2014

"Look at that sky!"

"Look at that sky!" has been one of my most frequent sayings this summer.  Then, I snap a picture.  Cokeville seriously has some of the best skies.  I don't really know how it happens, but it just does!  And I'm lucky enough to be outside all of the time to witness them!  The other day when I told Sierra to look at the sky for the billionth time she replied with, "You're kinda obsessed with the sky, aren't ya?"  She's right, and here's a little proof. 




















Now I know I'm no professional photographer and most of them aren't set perfectly, but these photos were just taken with my iPhone.  No filters, no special effects, just real, natural beauty.  After Sierra called me out on my obsession I started to think about why I am so obsessed.  I think this quote by Elder M. Russell Ballard sums up pretty well how I feel about nature.  

"Men and women in all parts of the world have a desperate need to take time from their demanding routines of everyday life and to quietly observe God's miracles taking place all around them.  Think of what would happen if all of us took time to look carefully at the wonders of nature that surround us…this world that God created for us!"

  I've always loved the earth and knowing that God created it.  Each day the earth changes, and to me those changes are made by God.  So, each time the sky is so beautiful and so different, it reminds me of God's hand in everything I do.  He is constantly putting stepping stones in my path.  I can choose to take a second and be thankful for them, or I can just keep going right along with my life.  Stopping to take a look at the constantly changing sky reminds me to take a look at my constantly changing life and love it.  Every different moment.    

No comments:

Post a Comment