Sunday, February 8, 2015

Project 1

So, I have some cool news.  I now have my very own sewing machine!  I'm more excited than I should be, seeing that I'm only 22, but it is what it is.  


It's a 1987 Bernina and it runs like a champ.  My great aunt Mary was a master seamstress and she passed away in December.  My mom went with my Granny to help clean out all of her things and they brought me the sewing machine.  I'm one lucky girl.  I feel so honored to be able to have her machine.  My first project was just a quick alteration.  Because of my body type I tend to have a hard time with button down shirts.  I have to buy them big enough to button through the chest without gaping, but then they're huge through the torso.  So, after one of these purchases, I get to whip out the sewing machine and tailor it.  I'm going to start being in the classrooms more so I've been looking for some more professionaly clothes, which often entails button downs.  The other day I found an adorable shirt, brought it home and fixed it right up.  Pretty happy about my first project on the ol' Bernina.  


(Forgive the "proof I attended the Book Fair for my class" photo, but it's the only one I have in the finished product...)

While the machine was out we cut up a bunch of hearts real quick and sewed them together for some valentinesy decoration for our wall.  I like how they turned out too :)


(Isn't Tessa just the best?)

So, thanks Aunt Mary.  Your machine will continue to be put to good use.  

No comments:

Post a Comment