Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hello Eugene!

I have one word to describe the trip to Oregon: Love.  I seriously loved it!  Dad, Tess, and I headed on our adventure Tuesday morning (the 4th).  The drive there was great!  Got to see Kenz and Kyler :)  We also stopped and stayed the night in Prineville and got a nice little tour of the town.  


 Outside of Prineville, OR


 The Cascades

We passed through multiple towns I decided it'd probably be okay for me to teach school in someday.  They were all cute little towns.  My favorite was probably Sisters.  It was cute, pretty small, ski area pretty close, surrounded by beautiful mountains as well as green fields.  We hiked up to Sahalie Falls (about an hour outside Sisters), and it was gorgeous as well.  


Sahalie Falls

Our final destination was Eugene which was where the NCAA championship track meet was held. The track meet started everyday at 4, so we had all day to do stuff and it was great!    The bike trails there are sweet!-and Dad and I made good use of them.  I could bike 10 hours a day for a week and still not bike every trail!  The two highlights were probably finding a gorgeous rose garden and an open gate to Autzen Stadium! (Oregon Ducks football field)  I loved spending the time with Dad.  



Friday we took the 2 hour drive to the coast.  Well worth the trip!  It was so gorgeous.  I definitely need to go back.  



The track meet was amazing!  I love watching these athletes preform.  We sat right in front of the winner of the men's 100 hurdle champion, and the  men's 400 hurdle champion (2 different guys), so I felt kinda like I was sitting in VIP seating.  It was pretty exciting :)  We also got to watch Amber Henry run.  She's a friend from Mt. View and she took 3rd in the 3000 Meter Steeple Chase.  Almost 2 miles with 5 hurdles per lap, one with a water pit on the other side...yea, I'm pretty sure I would die.  She was amazing and it was so fun to watch her!  We sure loved every second of the meet and the stadium was great for spectators as well.  


 Amber racing


The adventurers :)

I'm pretty sure I would recommend Oregon as a vacation destination for all :)


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I think Oregon is one place outside of Wyoming I'd consider moving too. Looks like it was a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete