Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pinterest of the Past

Some friends brought over some books that they thought this Teichert household might use.  So, Tess and I decided to take a look at them.  These books are 5 books in the Do-It-Yourself Encyclopedia from the 70's.  While we were flipping through the pages, getting tips on hinges, insulation, and sweet decorating ideas, Tess decided this was the "pinterest of the past."  Take a look :)


 I can only imagine: "I made all of the bedding, drapes, and ottomans myself :) A lot of time, but totally worth it!!  Quilter's dream room." 


"Love the pattern!  So easy to do!" 


 "Felted walls!!  Pin now, read later!"


"Transform any room!  Find your favorite fabric and use it as wallpaper."


"Cheap, Easy, Smart! Pegboard walls in my kitchen!  You can see everything, and it's all easy access.  Why didn't I think of this earlier?!?!"

So, I do not yet have a Pinterest account, but I'm sure I will have one someday--it really is so handy!  For not, I guess I'll just have to stick with the Do-It-Yourself Encyclopedias. Wish me luck!!
 

3 comments:

  1. Omg...those books are totally the Pinterest of the past!? And honestly, nothing has even changed, except maybe the latest color fad...red has been replaced with aqua!? Love your captions to the photos! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd to last photo . . . that owl pillow?! Pretty sure I've seen that same owl face everywhere lately! Funny how things cycle.

    ReplyDelete