Sunday, October 12, 2014

"Livi's a lucky girl, is she"

  Last night after I turned out the light I stumbled around the obstacles of yet another foreign room. When my right foot hit the bed frame the thought all of a sudden came to my head, "Livi's a lucky girl, is she."  Tel kept saying this over and over after my car accident and it's stuck with me. I think about it often, but I hadn't yet here during my time in Cusco. How true it is! 

  As I lay in bed I thought about all of the things in my life this past week that went make me that "lucky girl."  First off, I'm living with an awesome family. They have just taken me in as one of their own since I arrived Saturday morning. They take me with them to the market, the doctor, the cell phone fixer, their cousin's house, their grandma's house, and they even took me with them to Saylla (a smaller town just outside of Cusco) where I ate my first plate of chicherone :) We also went out to dinner and a show with Ben and Emma. Ben and Emma lived here before and are some of my volunteer friends. They're great as well! Lucky girl. 


  I was staying at the Gavancho's house this weekend and you already know all about them from my other post. Lucky girl. 

  I've been able to communicate so much better this week. Lucky girl. 

  I got to listen to conference again this week. Thanks heavens for living prophets! Lucky girl. 

 My grandpa turned 90 yesterday and is still living life and havin a great time. I love him so much and I'm lucky to see hi as often as I do. Lucky girl. 

  I have a family at home who loves me and I love them. I don't know what is do without them. Lucky girl. 

  These were just a few of the thoughts I had about being a "lucky girl." 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are a lucky girl. And I feel lucky to have you as my sister. Keep us updated on your adventures! I love living vicariously through you! Ha!

    ReplyDelete