Monday, October 6, 2014

My Jungle Top 22 (cause I couldn't narrow it down...)

I went to the jungle last week (Monday through Friday) and here's a list of my favorite things/experiences! 

1. The zip line to cross the river to the place we slept/ate/lived. 


2. Getting out of the city. 

3. Showering in waterfalls. 


4. Living without electricity. 

5. Taking data on the plants in the reforestation project. 


6. Hiking to see and hear los gallitos de las rocas (these cool, bright red and black chicken-like birds).

7. Soaking up some sun! 


8. Sitting under cover during a storm where we could hear trees falling all around us. 

9. Sleeping in the bungalow. 


10. Meeting some AMAZING people. 

(Not all of us, but I love these girls!)

11. Getting to talk about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

12. Having our public bus ride on the way home get searched by police for coca leaves which they collected several LARGE bags of haha! 

13. The butterflies. 

14. Finishing an entire book!

15. Chopping down a bunch of bamboo with a machete. You guys, it was for reals, and I felt pretty dang awesome!

16. Swinging on a vine.


17. Finding and collecting little trees for transplanting. 

18. Swimming in the river. Took me back to my days at "little lava" :)


19. Learning some things about natural medicine/remedies. 

20.  Sitting by the river and enjoying the sound of running water. 


21. Visiting Patria. The closest, decent sized jungle town. 


22. Falling asleep to the sound of crickets.  


No comments:

Post a Comment