Monday, November 3, 2014

Peru Hop

This past week I was able to go on quite the trip and saw some more of Peru. I'm just going to highlight each place we went to real quick! 

CAÑÓN COLCA 

We saw Condors. They are birds with a wing span of six feet. They are also similar to humans in that they stay with one partner their whole life and only have one or two children. They're almost extinct and are protected here in Peru. We were lucky to see them. 


AREQUIPA

We were only here for a night, but it was beautiful! 



NAZCA

The Nazca Lines. I only got to see two from a tower, but here they are! 


The Tree. 


The Hands. 

HUACACHINA

We had SO much fun on te dune buggies and sand boarding!!


It was steeper than it looks people!


I love this girl!!

PARACAS

We mainly just relaxed here in Paracas and enjoyed some down time. We went out on a boat tour and saw the Islas Ballestas. They were pretty cool!



So many sea lions! 


And there were PENGUINS!! What?!

LIMA

The main reason for y trip was to end in Lima and go to the temple. I went Saturday morning and it was lovely. 



We also went to the beach near Miraflores. It was actually quite beautiful! It's just a rock beach, but I thought it was nice. 


The best part of the whole trip though was traveling with Bianca. 


She's from Australia, she's a teacher, and she's awesome! I love her! We were no more than five feet from each other te whole nine days and we never even got sick of each other. (Or at least I never got sick of her! Haha) Saying goodbye was hard, but I guess now I have a good excuse to go to Australia :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment