Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Power of the Priesthood

  So last night I was pretty darn sick. Puking, chills, headache, the whole shibang! Not fun.  Especially when you're in a foreign country. The sweet family I live with was so worried about me and were going to take me to the hospital (which makes me nervous for some reason). They were trying to diagnos me with all the things I might have while I was trying to explain to them that I would be fine, I just needed some water and some Sprite and I'd get over it. On the inside though, I was freaking out! I hadn't felt this sick in quite some time. I was starting to wonder if their diagnosis might be true. I was kinda a wreck... Then the thought came to me, "I want a priesthood blessing."
  Well, the family I live with aren't members and I go to church in a different ward on the other side of town. I didn't even know who I could contact to help me. Then I remembered I had gone with the sister missionaries in this area earlier this week and I had their number! So, I called them and they sent the mission secretary over to give me a blessing. Now I didn't know this man at all, but as soon as he came through the door I felt a special spirit enter the room. As he finished the blessing I immediately felt at peace. My body still hurt, but my mind was put at ease. 
  I can't help but be in awe at the power of the priesthood. I'm so thankful for the opportunity I've had to grow up in a home with the priesthood. I've had countless blessings for different things, and I'm always amazed at the spirit the priesthood brings. I love that I can be miles and miles away from home, and there's still someone with the priesthood that can help me out. I'm so thankful for good men all over the world who honor their priesthood. 
  I was able to get some good sleep last night and felt well enough to go to sacrament meeting today. The power of the priesthood is real people! I'm so blessed to have it in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment