Monday, November 10, 2014

The Cemetery

  Kinda weird, but one of my highlights this week was taking the kids to the cemetery. 

  November 1st was Dia de los Santos and so this past week we learned about why the kids and their families were celebrating the lives of their loved ones who have passed away. So, on Wednesday all the kids brought flowers and we headed up to a cemetery nearby. I wasn't expecting it to be like the Cokeville Cemetery, but I definitely wasn't expecting this! There was garbage everywhere. Our intention in going was to clean up a few graves and place the flowers on them. We didn't have to go very far to find three abandoned babies' graves. So, we cleaned up the trash (2 bags FULL) and places the flowers in the graves. It was about the closest I've been to tears during my time here--seeing a cemetery in this condition.  I know it's weird, but I guess I just have a special place in my heart for cemeteries. 


  Anyways, the kids loved the time outside and the day was beautiful! After the graves were all cleaned up the kids said a prayer for the babies and it was so sweet. I sure do love these little kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment