Sunday, February 21, 2016

Amlan Zoo

On Friday we decided to hop on the scooters and head up to the zoo in Amlan!  I wasn't expecting too much, but was pretty pleased with what we saw!  


 Turkeys


I loved seeing these birds using an old coconut for their nest!


There were so many of these cute, colorful little birds! My mom would have loved seeing them!


Then Maddie discovered that they would eat food out of your hand!  We were so shocked! 


Multiple birds would come and land on your hand at once and eat.  It was so fun! 


Everyone got into it!


Then we saw some warthogs or Pumba's, whichever you'd like to call them.  


They also had horses.  So exotic, I know!  haha


I also got to feed a camel.  In the Philippines.  


Ostriches.  


 Monkeys.


 Tigers!  


Eating chicken heads. 


 I've never been so close to a tiger in my life!  I was seriously like 3 feet from this one! 


And isn't that picture just beautiful?  I can't get enough of the coconut trees against this Philippine sky :)

We had a great time at the zoo!  Foreign zoos are definitely different, but they have their own unique charm.  We had a great time together.  My highlights were definitely the birds and the tigers!  It was just so cool being that close to the animals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment