Sunday, September 9, 2012

One of my faves...

I read this quote last year out of Elaine S. Dalton's book, A Return to Virtue. (I definitely recommend this book to everyone, boys and girls.) 

“Of all the creations of the Almighty, there is none more beautiful, none more inspiring than a lovely daughter of God who walks in virtue with an understanding of why she should do so, who honors and respects her body as a thing sacred and divine, who cultivates her mind and constantly enlarges the horizon of her understanding, who nurtures her spirit with everlasting truth.” -Gordon B. Hinckley

This quote makes me feel so good.  I also know that it's true.  Our Heavenly Father knows us and loves us.  He is aware of us, and wants us to do our best and be happy.  We can be happy by making good decisions.  It makes me feel good to know that, no matter how pretty I am on the outside, I can grow more beautiful on the inside by striving to do these things.  Then, hopefully that inner beauty will show through my actions.

2 comments:

  1. You are so gorgeous, Liv. I love this post, and I love that quote! I am going to have to get my hands on that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm so glad that you have a blog! And i love all your posts so far. I think my fave was the dance-off! Great find!

    ReplyDelete