Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Calm

Looking back at the past week and a half I have been so blessed to feel calm.  When I step back, I really don't have that crazy of a life.  It's busy, but busy is good, and I know most of you would LOVE to be in my shoes as a college student.  It's a great life!  Anyways, I've had a couple of situations the past week that I've been able to feel calm about when it seems I should have been nervous. 

First, when I returned to school on Monday night I had to face the realization that I hadn't looked at anything that was going on the coming week.  When I finally sat down and took a peek at how the week was going to be I found out I had a LOT to accomplish.  All week I was able to be calm and just do one thing at a time.  I know the Lord was helping me remain calm so that I could get everything done.  

Then, I was driving home from skiing at Sundance on Saturday.  It had been snowing ALL day and I didn't get out of there until about 3:45.  I have a front wheel drive car and I was driving down a steep, windy, snowy canyon road.  I was fishtailing everywhere!  No matter what I did, I could not get my car to go slow enough.  This whole time I felt so calm.  I thought my hands would be gripping the steering wheel, my body leaned forward, and that I would be freaking out!  Even when I ended up stopping completely sideways across the road stopping traffic in both directions I was able to remain calm, get back in my lane and keep on.  I know that I was being watched over that day not only in safety, but in sanity.  

Finally, there's finals.  I feel like so many people around me are stressing out over finals.  I can not tell you how glad I am that I'm not?!  It's not cause I feel super prepared either, cause I'm definitely not.  Right now I'm just thankful that finals are one of the biggest worries on my mind.  There are so many people out there who have so much on their plate and so many matters that have much greater effects on their lives than final exams.  Now, I'll definitely be relieved when they're over, but for now I'm just glad I get to take them!

I know stress is a real thing and so many people deal with some bad anxiety.  I count being able to be calm as a blessing.  It's just another way the Lord lets me know He loves me. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I've had some similar feelings of calm this week in the middle of craziness.

    ReplyDelete