Sunday, December 15, 2013

Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert

This morning Mary and I went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert.  It was so great!  First we were able to watch the Christmas special of Music and the Spoken Word.  Then we were treated with the concert.  We got tickets because our roommate Eden was a dancer for the concert.  She did so great!  The Choir invited two guests to join them, Deborah Voigt (opera performer) and John Rhys-Davies (Gimli from Lord of the Rings).  They were both phenomenal!  My favorite part of the whole concert was probably the telling of the dream of A Christmas Carol.  John Rhys-Davies narrated, and they had special effects, and it was just so great!  Isn't the Conference Center breathtaking?!


Since it was the last showing of the concert, they had a special ending.  The choir sang God Be With You 'til We Meet Again to the guests and they were both really emotional.  I think that it's so great to bring these renowned performers into our Latter-Day Saint family for a few days.  I have no doubt they felt the spirit.  This was a great way to get me in the Christmas spirit, and the drive down with Mary was so fun!  We could talk for days!


 If you're interested in watching it, PBS shows the concert a year from now.  So, the Christmas Concert that is airing this month is from 2012, which I'm sure was fabulous as well!  I think I'll be trying to swing tickets for this in the future.  Merry Christmas everybody!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment