Sunday, June 5, 2016

Me?! Play the Piano??

I started piano lessons in 1st grade and finally got to quit in 8th grade.  I fought my parents about piano practice for at least 7 of those 8 years.  All of my siblings play the piano very well.  All of them are able to accompany people, play the organ (well, minus Sulli), and just respond whenever they are needed to play the piano.  I, on the other hand, have accompanied one song one time.  In Jr. High I had to play "Let the Holy Spirit Guide" for my parents and Sulli and Tessa for one of my dad's high council assignments.  

Well, today my streak of good luck ended.  I was asked to help with the Young Women's lesson and because of all of my siblings' skills at the piano it was assumed that I also played.  When I was asked to play the opening hymn for them I was like oh I don't really play.  The sister just kind of laughed and was like what page number?  I quickly thought of the first song I knew and said, 142.  "Sweet Hour of Prayer."  You guys, I can't even believe I agreed to do that?!  I faced a huge fear and I played the piano in church!  Thankfully I only messed up once!?  It was a huge blessing cause I literally never play since I quit all those years ago.  You can even ask my mom.  


2 comments:

  1. You played once in seminary remember? You set a goal and did it! Good job for doing it Olivia! You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete