Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Little Gem

So there is cool stuff all over campus here that I don't really know about, or I don't take the time to go and see.  It's actually quite sad, so I've decided that next semester and all the semesters after that I'm going to take a little lighter class load so that I can experience more of these "little gems."  
Today I went to the Education in Zion museum in the Joseph Fielding Smith Building.  


My class went yesterday, but I missed to go and eat out with some friends before the BYU vs. USU game (we won, and it was super exciting!!).  Anyways, so after class today, I went by myself.  There was the nicest little tour guide lady, and she did a perfect job at telling me about the coolest stuff.  There's no way she could cover everything, and thank heavens she didn't!  I would have been there all night!  It is a really lovely section of a building, and it has so many interesting stories and facts about some really amazing people as they were starting BYU.  Here are some of my favorite quotes that I jotted down:

"Be yourself, but always be your better self." -Karl G. Maeser   

"The Lord has used imperfect people in the process of building his perfect society." -Gordon B. Hinckley

"You have it in your power to set in motion waves of action, love, and kindness that will reach the shores of eternity."  -Edwin Smith Hinckley

"Be the man you would be proud to have your son become."  -Brigham Thomas Higgs

Hopefully I'll be spending some more time in that museum and all of the other awesome places around campus that I have yet to find!!

1 comment:

  1. Fun Liv! You amaze me all the time! Those quotes are really good too. Cover some of the things I've been thinking about a lot lately. Just what I needed today. Love you. See you in a week!

    ReplyDelete