Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mini Vacations

So, I've always been a little attached to my mom.  My siblings pointed this out to me my senior year, and I didn't believe them until they gave me cold, hard evidence.  It's true, almost every time I walk into our house I ask where mom is.  In the summer I wander around our yard calling her name, and when she finally responds I just say, "I just wanted to know where you are."  I talk to her on the phone a lot.  The other night I was with some friends, and one said, "Your mom seems like a really awesome lady!"  I was like yea!  Then I wondered how much I had been talking about my mom, haha!  You'd talk about your mom as much as me if she was as awesome as mine :) 
I've been lucky because my mom has had to come down three times this semester for some dental work.  I feel a little bad that she's had to drive down here so many times, but I feel mostly happy, because when she comes it's like a mini vacation for me, and I love it!!!  Every time is great fun, but I especially loved this last time.  Here's a run down of what we did:

Walked down Center Street stopping in all the sewing shops and an antique store.  I would do that everyday if I could!
Went with Ashbee and looked at the apartment I'll be living in next fall.
Ate steak and endless shrimp at Sizzler's--YUM!
Got a "Happy Valentine's" jean shirt with a $10 off coupon at JCPenney's.
I dyed mom's roots. 
She did my nails.
We talked lots and had a super fun time together.

That was her last dentist appointment, a little sad, but I'll be seeing a little bit more of my family this next month, so it's okay.  Thanks so much for coming and making my Tuesday so much fun!  I love you mom!

Sharing one of my favorite moments with mom:


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I love that picture, too. It seems like yesterday that pic was taken. Mom is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is the best! (And every time we talk about our parents this way, I just hope someday my kids will think I'm great . . . )

    ReplyDelete