Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Short People Probs...

Being 5'2" and all, I have discovered a few inconveniences.  So, here's a list of some of them.

  • Capris come as high-waters.  Every time I try on a pair of capris I am reminded of how short I am.  I have to roll all of my capris a good 3 inches at the bottom.
  • Your feet don't touch the ground when you're sitting on a handicapped toilet.  Just trust.  It happened to me yesterday.
  • Running leggings are too long.  Even size small.  Come on Under Armour!  Not all girls who run are models!
  • You can't see at concerts (refer to last post...).
  • You have a short torso, so it's hard to look skinny.
  • You have to get a chair to dust things at work.  Annoying and slightly embarrassing.
  • People love to see how high they can place their hand for you to give them a high five, just to see you jump.
  • You have to jump up on your kitchen counters to get a lot of stuff in the cupboards.
  • Jr. high kids love to point out that they're almost as tall as you (or taller!)
This isn't a complete list, but these are just a few of the problems I've encountered in the last month or so.  Really, it's not that bad, and when these things happen I just laugh.  But honestly, I actually like being 5'2".  I just thought I'd give all of you out there a little insight on the struggles of us shorties :)  

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. :) Although, being a volleyball coach, I LOVE it when 6th grade girls are taller than me (at least if they're at our vb camps!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Liv! Although, I really can't relate since you are so much shorter than me! :)

    ReplyDelete