Monday, September 2, 2013

Mt. Timp

So I'm back at college everybody!  Last night one of my new roommates (all of them are new), Paige, asked me if I wanted to go hike Timp with her and her boyfriend and some other friends.  Of course I said yes!  I've been wanting to do this for over two years now!  So, we got up bright and early and left our house at 6 this morning to head to the trail head.  When we got there it was a little cloudy and cool, to be expected at 7 am.  It rained on us a little the first few miles, nothing too crazy.  Then we started to get close to a lake that is about a mile from the top and a fog rolled in and the temperature dropped.  It was crazy!  So, we made it to this little shack thing where we ate lunch.  That's when the cold set in!  There I was trying to eat some food in a damp t-shirt and shorts and even though the shelter helped, it didn't block out the cold from blowing in!  Anyways, there was a paramedic person up there and he strongly advised us to turn around and go back down the mountain.  So, we did.  I didn't make it all the way up to the top, but I imagine the view would have been about like it was where we were at.  

Yes, that was the view right out side the opening in the shelter.  Complete fog!  You couldn't see very far at all!  Needless to say, it was a great time!  I'll always remember my first attempt at Mt. Timpanogos :)

Plus, this year is going to be awesome!  Just look who my room roommate is :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment