Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Another Adventure

Guys, I'm heading to the Philippines for 12 weeks. Crazy? Yes. Exciting? Very. In less than an hour I'm going to be getting on one of these planes that will take me to Seattle. 
Seattle>>Tokyo, Japan. 
Tokyo>>Manila, Philippines. 
Manila>>Dumaguete, Philippines.


I have no clue how long it will take me to get there. I think it's going to be Friday in Dumaguete by the time I get there with the time change and everything. Kind of crazy to think about!

Many of you are probably wondering what in the heck I'm going to be doing in the Philippines for 12 weeks?! Well, back in November a family that I tutor for while I'm down at school asked me to go with them on this trip to homeschool their kids. It only took me a few days to decide to do it :) Part of the dad's business is down there and he needs to go and work with his team down there. Instead of being split up for that long they decided to just move their whole family down. So, they asked me to come with them and homeschool their kids. I'm going to be teaching four kids--3rd, 4th, 7th, and 8th grades. They're great kids and it's not only going to be a great life experience down here, but a good experience for my teaching. I'm nervous and excited and grateful. Wish me luck!! 

I'll have wifi access while I'm down there, so stay tuned for some adventures in the Philippines :)

No comments:

Post a Comment