Sunday, January 17, 2016

Life Near the Sea

So I've been here about two and a half days, and I've been doing so many sea-ish things!  The first night we went to a seafood restaurant called "Labas" which means fresh.  And fresh it was!  It was right next to the ocean and they had containers full of seafood.  You would go over and say what you wanted to try and they would get it out, cook it up, and bring it to you.  I've never had fresher!  

Rix (the dad) and some of the guys that work for him ordered it all, so I was at their mercy?! haha  Luckily, they did a great job!  I liked everything I tried.  My favorite was probably the shrimp because it was the most normal to me, but we had tuna, talabas (kind of like oysters), squid, and kinilew (kind of like ceviche).

Saturday morning Angie, Reed, Faith, Lillian, and I spent quite a bit of time down by the ocean.  We walked and it was less than a mile!  Where we went wasn't really a beachy-beach, but it had a lot of fun creatures and the water was really clear.  

Me, Faith, Angie, Reed, and Lillian


Sea Urchin!!!


The coolest starfish ever!


Faith inspecting the creature.


Reed was a lot more excited than he looks, I promise!  haha


This afternoon we went to a sandier beach called Silliman.  There were lots of families down there swimming and eating and having a good time.  It was fun to see so many families doing things together.  I'm sure we'll be spending more time down at that one.  It was just a short distance as well--maybe a mile or two.  

So, in the short time we've been here, I feel like I've taken pretty good advantage of being close to the ocean.  The water's warm, it's close, and the kids love going!  I have yet to go swimming, but I'm sure I'll cross that one off this week :)  

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh how fun!!! I'm so glad you posted this because I've been so curious as to how your time has been so far. The water looks amaaaaaazing.

    ReplyDelete