Sunday, January 24, 2016

Twin Lakes

We went on the most beautiful outing yesterday.  Leo put Rixy and Reed on the back of a motorcycle, Yet-yet put Faith on with her, and Maddie and I hopped on Angie's new scooter, and we headed for the mountains!  It was so refreshing to get out of the city and into a little cooler temps :)  Here's a little video of our trip :)  I just couldn't get over how green it all was!  Seriously, so surreal!  Anyways, the little GoPro does a pretty good job, but still doesn't quite do the beauty of this place justice.


Here's a little story that didn't get put in the video, because there's no footage of the event: 

When we got to the second lake I decided to walk across this giant log that went quite a ways out into the lake. Part of the log was under the water, but I didn't think much of it. Next thing I knew I was heading into the lake! I ripped my purse off and held it high above my head! My purse had my water bottle, GoPro, phone, and money in it, and I still had my shorts and t-shirt on over my swimsuit. I let out a squeal, and in I went! haha It really was SO funny! Luckily I was able to keep my purse above my head, out of the water. I couldn't touch the bottom, but was able to swim to the side pretty quickly. NONE of the stuff in my purse got wet. It really was such a blessing! I bought this purse on Friday, and it's kind of water resistant. I still don't know how I had the reflexes to get that thing off, but I'm so glad that I did! Needless to say, I was pretty blessed. Because I was already soaked, I decided to take my shirt and shorts off and just swim around in the lake for a while. Angie, Faith, Rixy, and Reed jumped in with me too. It was pretty dang funny, but none of them really laughed. I don't know if they were too worried about me and my stuff or what, but I know that all of you would have been laughing your heads off! haha

That was just an excerpt from the email I sent my family.  The unexpected dip in the lake was actually the icing on the cake :)  What an awesome day!


p.s. when we got home we discovered that the invitation had been accepted and we went over and ate some of the pig.

2 comments:

  1. I love all the posts! I'm so glad you went. This may be slightly cooler than student teaching. And yes, I would have been laughing at you falling in the lake. I'm glad your stuff wasn't ruined. I'm wondering, though, how was the pig??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the pig was delicious! And yes, this just might beat student teaching :) haha

      Delete