Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sweet Seats!

So tonight for the Men's basketball game, this was my ticket :)


It was sweet!  I was right behind the team in these nice, comfy, blue seats.  But the best part, I could see the whole game!  I didn't have to stand and try and look around the tall person in front of me!  (the student section for short people is kinda hard...)  So, how did I score this ticket?  Let me tell ya...

So I went to tithing settlement on Sunday (I know, it's kinda early, but I wanted to make sure I got it done) and I have an awesome Bishop.  He asked me how things were going, ya know, the usual...then he asked me what I did last weekend.  Well, I went to two basketball games, a volleyball game, and the football game.  He then asked if I liked sports, and I was like, yea.  Then he told me he has season tickets that he gives to the ward members for some games.  Then he told me they were on the 3rd row! Then he asked me if I would like some!!  I was like, yea, that'd be sweet!  Then, he added the catch: you have to ask a guy to go with you.  What the heck?!  I told him that that was going to be hard.  I'm just not that bold of a girl.  Then he told me that's the only way I could get the tickets, so I told him I'd try.  So, I left thinking that sometime this season I might get to sit in some nice seats. 

Monday night I got a phone call saying Bishop had 4 tickets for me and Janae, and that we had to get dates.  I panicked a little... I know I've been here a while, but I just don't feel like a know a guy well enough to ask him on a date without creeping him out.  So I texted Janae and told her.  When I got home she had it all figured out:  I asked her brother, and she asked her brother's roommate.  So, maybe we cheated a little bit, but hey, we still got guys to go with us!  It was a dang fun time!  It was fun getting to know Tyler and Bryce better, and the seats were great!  So thanks Bishop!  (Disclaimer: I really liked my bishop before the tickets.  He is a really great guy!)  I enjoyed every moment and tried to soak it all in because it will probably never happen again...

1 comment:

  1. Way fun, Livi!! Your Bishop does sound like a pretty neat guy ;-)

    ReplyDelete