Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Today is a BIG Day

Today is election day.  It's kinda a big deal.  This is the first election I have been able to vote in, and it's an awesome privilege.  Now I'm only 19, and I obviously don't know everything, so how did I decide on who I voted for?  I could have just decided I'd vote for whoever my parents liked or who my friends were voting for, but I didn't want to do that.  I wanted my vote to have meaning to me.  I definitely don't know everything, but I have tried to become educated about both candidates.  I tried to find out this information from unbiased articles too so that this decision would be made correctly.  Ultimately, my decision corresponds with my moral values.  I know that the issues of health care and foreign policies and things of the like are very important and sway many people's decisions, but honestly, I don't know a ton about those issues and I don't know what is the best way to handle them either.  What I do know is that one of the candidates has moral values that agree with mine.  

Satan is targeting the family.  The prophet and apostles remind us of this all the time.  I feel that it's so important to keep the family intact the way Heavenly Father planned it to be.  Two of the issues pertaining to the family are gay marriage and abortion.  Now I don't hate gays, nor do I hate people who chose to have abortions, but I definitely do NOT agree with either choice.  Everyone has their own agency, but I just can't vote for a president who does not fight for the sanctity of marriage which is the only way to have an eternal family.  I feel that if gay marriage and abortion are legal, Satan is winning.  

I truly believe that both of these candidates are great men!  They both have great families, and good values.  I just feel that Mitt Romney will be able to lead our country better.  Call me uneducated, naive, young, ignorant--it's true!  I'm 19!  But, I truly feel that I made a correct decision for me based on what matters to me most--not healthcare, foreign relations, taxes--but the protection of the family.  

Here's just a little thought about America from 2 Nephi...

Wherefore, this aland is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring. And if it so be that they shall serve him according to the commandments which he hath given, it shall be a land of blibertyunto them; wherefore, they shall never be brought down into captivity; if so, it shall be because of iniquity; for if iniquity shall abound ccursed shall be the land for their sakes, but unto the righteous it shall be blessed forever.

I know that our country is "one nation under God."  He will protect our country.  No matter who wins the election tonight, I have faith that we are in God's hands.  It is His plan.  Hard times are going to come no matter who wins the election.  But for the sake of the family and America, Go Mitt!!

3 comments:

  1. I say "Go Mitt" too! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I just read down through your blog and just so you know...you and Tessa are both Champions to me!!

    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Livi! I LOVE it when you post things like this. Thanks for being willing to express yourself and share your opinions. You have such a great talent for writing things and making them so nobody can argue with you!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete