Thursday, November 29, 2012

The First of Many

I'm still experiencing a lot of "firsts" in my life, and today I finished my first lesson plan.  I was kinda excited when I got done!  I'm going to be doing a whole lot more of these too!!  It was pretty exciting for me to see my ideas on paper.  Hopefully I'll be able to use this in my classroom someday.  This lesson plan is part of my final for my art class, and I got to do it on someone dear to my heart,     Minerva Teichert.


I never knew this lady, but my junior and senior years of high school we started to read her letters to her daughter Laurie.  We would read out of this book for part of FHE.  I learned so much about her and she is an amazing woman!  I got to learn even more about her as I prepared this art curriculum unit for grades 2-4.  It's going to be fun to teach some kids about my grandma, art, and the Cokeville way of life --all at the same time!

1 comment: