Sunday, January 27, 2013

7,305

That's how many days I have been alive. 20 years + 1 day.  Birthdays are always a little bitter-sweet for me.  Since I was little I've been kinda bummed about growing up.  The first time I remember crying about growing up was a couple of days before I finished 3rd grade.  I remember crying to my mom about how sad I was that this was the last week with Dad as my teacher, and that I was never going to get to have him as my teacher again!  I was so sad!  I think it was the first time I really realized that when things end you can't ever have them back.  Since then I've pretty much cried at every big growing up period in my life!

So, when I ended the days of being a teenager, I decided to be happy about this growing up day instead of sad, because there's nothing I can do to change it!  20 years seems like kinda a long time to me, but really it's not that old.  I still have a LOT of life in front of me.  I had a great day yesterday to celebrate my life!  I have so many great friends and such a great family that all helped to make my day special.

Plus guys, I have done some pretty awesome things in 20 years!  I have learned so many things and have had so many life changing experiences.  I just wouldn't be me if I didn't have every single one of those 7,305 days in my life.  I wouldn't have met all of the great people I have.  So, from now on, when I think about getting older, I'll think about all of the great experiences that lie ahead and all of the great ones that I have had.  These first 2 decades (2 decades people!) are going to be pretty hard to top, but I'm pretty sure I can do it :)  Here's to another amazing year!!

1 comment:

  1. so umm,

    I am so glad you posted this to Fb. now I can follow you :)

    also, happy birthday that I missed.

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete