Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tenor

Tomorrow my cousin Tenor is leaving on his mission.  We've grown up together our whole lives, and have lots of good memories.  He's going to be a great missionary!  I am so proud of him!  He is such a great kid.  I am always amazed at his ability to talk to anyone and everyone.  Not only does he talk to them, but they all become his friends!  I know he has a strong testimony, and I'm so excited for the people of North Carolina to have their lives touched by him.


Tenor has been on my mind a lot lately--his whole family really, but especially him.  A little over a month ago his dad, my Uncle David, was diagnosed with cancer, and it's not good.  As much as I try and push it out, the thought keeps coming back, "What if this is the last time Tenor see's his dad in this life?"  It brings me to tears every time.  Their family has so much faith, and there are so many people praying for my Uncle David.  I got to talk with David over the break, and I am just amazed at his strength and trust in the Lord.  He's such a great man.

Through this turn of events I have gained even more respect and admiration for Tenor.  I am so amazed at his faith in the Lord and his desire to serve a mission.  He's making a lot of sacrifices to go, and I'm so proud of him. Get ready NC, Elder Teichert's coming! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, Livi! Tenor is going to be a great missionary.

    ReplyDelete