Monday, January 21, 2013

Enjoy the Feeling

It's always best when these feelings come at the end of the day. Then you only have to enjoy it until you fall asleep :)  Definitely love this quote!  Such wisdom.

 Enjoy the Feeling
Occasionally a missionary told me in an interview, "I'm not doing very well.  I just seem to be depressed and discouraged."  Unless there was an unusual reason for these feelings, my answer was, "Well, I'm glad to hear that.  At least now we know that you're normal.  Enjoy the feeling-it probably won't last.  And the first sunny day will do wonders for it."
It helps a great deal if we realize that there is a certain healthy element in getting the blues occasionally. It is quite in order to schedule a good, discouraging, depressing day every now and again just for contrast.  

-Elder Boyd K. Packer


3 comments:

  1. Livi, I hope you're not too down! College is stressful, LIFE is stressful! Remember that you have a huge support system that is full of people who love you and are cheering you on every day. I think you are amazing and I know your talents and hard work will get you through ANYTHING! You are so good at soaking in every moment, just don't soak in too much of the sad ones, okay?! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing Liv! Hope you are doing okay, and as healthy as it may be to have a blue day every now and again, it still is not fun. Hope you aren't having too many of them. Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Livi!! Thanks for posting this. I had never heard this quote, but it's an awesome reminder of how normal a few bad days are. And I'm glad you didn't get too enjoy the feeling too long! :) Love you and your blog! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete