Sunday, January 6, 2013

So Domesticated

This week I sewed this skirt.  I'm pretty excited about it!


I'd been wanting a wool skirt for quite a while now.  I got this wool fabric and a pattern for Christmas, and it was fun for me to work with my mom on this project.  There were definitely some rough patches (including an "almost" breakdown), but with my mom's help and some inspiration from my lovely Aunt Susie, I love how it turned out.  
One of my favorite parts is the modest slit.  


(It's a little wrinkled from sitting on it in church all day, but you get the idea) 
The slit gives you room to move, but the fabric underneath it makes it modest :)  It was nice getting back in touch with my more "domesticated side" and spending some time with my mom.  What a great way to spend part of Christmas break.  

4 comments:

  1. Good job Liv! So cute and, like anything you wear, you make it look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so great Livi! Makes me want to try to make one for myself! (Although I would probably need about 10x more help than you did.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Livi! It looks fantastic. I knew I would want one the second I saw the pattern. Now I NEED one! I love everything about that outfit. You're just so beautiful. I would be interested in hearing more about your "almost meltdown" that Aunt Susie and Mom saved you from ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can totally make one for me! It's so hard to find cute MODEST skirts like that! It looks so good on you too.

    ReplyDelete